Connect to a shared folder
Connect to a shared folder on a Windows computer connected to the same network.
- On the Pi, create the directory to which you want the shared folder to be mounted
- Edit the
/etc/fstabfile and add the following line
//IP_of_your_machine/shared_folder /home/pi/myNAS/mount_to_dir cifs username=****,password=****,workgroup=WORKGROUP,users,auto,user_xattr 0 0
- The IP address is the IP of your machine. This can be found by doing
IPCONFIGfrom your computers command line interface
- The shared_folder is the name of the folder that has been shared.
- You will need to include the username and password which will be the user account name and password of the windows machine.
- Mount the drive by typing:
- Now the drive is mounted and you can navigate the files stored on your Windows machine
Leave a Reply